Friday, December 5 (10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.) & Saturday, December 6 (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
Christ Lutheran Church (across from Norway House)
3810 Meredith Dr, Fairfax, VA (directions)
This is our 44th annual event.
- 10-12: Jo Storaker – Nordic Accordion Music 12-2: Andrea Hoag – Nordic Violin Music
- 10-4: Lucy Lyons Willis – Hardanger Demonstrations
- 10-3: Waffles/Krumkake
- 10-4: Kransekake (or until they are sold out) Lefse Demonstrations – need volunteer(s)
- 9-11: Jo Storaker – Nordic Accordion Music 9:30-11:30: David Hofstad – Lefse Demonstration
- 11:45-12:30: Nordic Dancers
- 1-3: Paul Carlson – Scandinavian Fiddle Music
- 1-3: Lynn Rundhaugen/Erik Larson – Lefse Demonstration
- 9-12: Lucy Lyons Willis – Hardanger Demonstrations
- 9-4: Linda Hurt – Nordic Weaving Demonstration
- 9-1: Lynn Rundhaugen – Nordic Knitting Demonstration
- 9:30-3: Waffles/Krumkake
- 9-3: Kransekake (or until they are sold out)
- Weather permitting the world’s cutest dogs, Norwegian Lundehunds, (church atrium)
Make sure to join us for Norwegian Lunch in our Norwegian Cafe — our menu includes authentic Norwegian pea soup served with cheese/Norwegian flatbread, rommegrot, risengrot, open faced salmon sandwiches, ligonberry beverage, Solo, water, coffee and other soft drinks!
Items for Sale
Items for sale include:
- Unique Gifts
- Handcrafted Items
- Norwegian Jewelry
- CDs and DVDs
- Cooking Appliances
- Rosemaled Ornaments
and Gifts by Tina Keune
- Hats,T-shirts, Clothing
- Nordic Sweaters and Knitwear
- Books, Cards, and Calendars
- Tablecloths and Kitchen Linens
- Christmas Ornaments and Decor
- Porcelain, Pewter and Glass Decor
- Baked Goods, Lefse, and Norwegian Chocolate
- Vintage & Unique “Scandinaviana”
The bazaar accepts debit and credit cards, cash, and checks.
Our first Norwegian Christmas Bazaar was held in 1967 at the Washington Hilton Hotel. We have had an annual Christmas bazaar ever since. This event serves both as a fundraiser and as outreach to the community.
From 1997-2008, our bazaar was part of the Royal Norwegian Embassy’s Christmas at Union Station. From 2009-2012, our bazaar was held at the Fairfax Elks Club, and in 2013 it moved to a new location at Christ Lutheran Church in Fairfax, directly across the street from our lodge's home at the Norway House.
Photos from 2013 Festival